Tuesday, March 22, 2005

2 days in the City

So I decided to spend the weekend in NYC. I needed that short break and it was great to see a city I really enjoy in all its dirty glory. In one day, I managed to visit Brownsville, Bklyn and Murray Hill, the American dream and nightmare. I went from Harlem to Williamsburg, the Upper West Side to the East Village. I am lucky I have friends of many backgrounds who are all gathered in this city. My highlight of my short stay was definitely the Basquiat exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum. It's one of my lifelong dream to own a piece of Jean-Michel, someone who I feel close to since I know how it must have been hard to be different when blessed or cursed with a Haitian parent.
I walked around the Columbia campus, walking around the Morningside Park. It was raining on Sunday and I felt like I was in a Poe novel.
New York, New York, why do I feel like I am at home. You are so harsh yet so charming.
Like an expensive harlot, you keep me addicted while taking so much money from me; you'd get me evicted...

OK, enough bad poetry...

Cheers...      

3 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger John Galt said...

i love NYC!

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about ross accordionist
. You can check it out at ross accordionist


Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed you blog about business lead. I also have a site about business lead which makes me appreciate this one even more! Keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home