Friday, February 04, 2005

American Programs

I must admit in my mind I have always equated an MBA to be as American as apple pie.
Especially, since I could see myself working in New York for a finite period of time,
an American program would be the obvious choice.
Yet, for someone of limited means and adverse to great debt like myself, could it be manageable?

Also, do I want to be in a programme where the notion of diversity is whether they support the Patriots or the Eagles? Give me some real football!
Seriously, besides the minor issue of the sport of choice, I know that location is something that is very important to me. I don't see myself able to live in a campus in the middle of nowhere. My ancestors may have been peasants but I am really a city guy through and through.
From time to time, I might try to do some gardening to stay true to my roots but give me the griminess of Barcelona, Paris or New York any day over the pastoral beauty of the Vermont landscape.

While I didn't enjoy travelling much at my current position, I did enjoy the international ones.
Just to be immersed in a foreign land and to get to do business with people with a different set of values sure is a test for anyone. First, it is a test for tolerance. Clichéd may be but it is needed to get into someone's shoes and sandals.
As I am writing this, I am really think I just started a blog to practice my written English so when I have to write these essays, I will be able to actually finish them. I have read some blogs since I somewhat decided an MBA and I found many interesting. Few transpired a suffisance that I didn't enjoy when interacting with some of my old classmates. However, they are far in between. One thing I noticed is that there is much colour on the MBA blog circuit from Axechick to Call-Geek to Cubicle Lady( I think)! This is great to see!


1 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger mbayisyen said...

Hey Mave,
When time and funds permit, I do enjoy travelling a lot.
I hope to do so more in the future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home