Thursday, September 15, 2005

BS in Excel Studies

I believe that Excel should be offered as a major in college. Let’s face it, what seems to be a relatively simple spreadsheet program has become an integral part of the day to day lives of so many people.
It’s incredible how we have learned to depend on this Microsoft product.
Before Excel, what was there? Nothing? How did people build financial models? Did modeling ever existed before the advent of Excel? Cell, what a fitting name!

As I have a few spreadsheets to fill with formulas, numbers, and arcane add-in functions to feed to a machine that with simulate a process I have not much knowledge on, I pause: What did I take engineering for? I should have just bought an Excel how-to-guide and I would have saved thousands of dollars in loans and opportunity cost.

Let me go back to once sacrifice a few hours to the Excel god!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home