Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Musical Hospitals Speak Spanish on their Vacation

I do not like hospitals. I do not enjoy visit people in them. I do not enjoy passing by them. Therefore, I don’t regret having given up my childhood dream of being an MD. I think I could have been one as long as I don’t have to deal with sick people and as long as I don’t have to be physically in a hospital.
I think I am obsessed with Shakira’s “La Tortura”. I was a casual fan but I can’t help listening to the song and watching the video even more.
I highly recommend Kanye West’s “Late Registration”. At times, it’s very dark as Kanye West is so earnest in his self-criticism but it’s definitely one of the best albums this year….
I should really brush up on my Spanish. I speak it but I feel self-conscious at times as I forget some words and need a richer vocabulary to express my complex thoughts. I always noticed that drunk, I was much more fluent. I wonder if that phenomenon has been studied. Alcohol % in the blood vs. Fluency in foreign language would be an interesting graph.
I am currently suffering from post-vacation depression. I miss my friends, the freedom I had over my time, the beach…

2 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger Maynard said...

We have a group in Haiti now, their blog is at http://haitimission2005.blogspot.com/

How often do you go home?

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger mbayisyen said...

It's been a while. My relatives come to where I live fairly often so there hasn't been a need for me to visit for a while now. Might go before December, it's been too long!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home